Thursday, November 29, 2007

Creative writing workshops

In a previous blog posting, I mentioned the lack of creative writing workshops for non-students in the Toledo area. There was a reason I brought this up. I once read an article on Chuck Palahnuik, who wrote the book on which that most excellent movie, Fight Club, was based, and he said that he attended writer's workshops, hosted by Tom Spanbauer (a Pulitzer Prize-nominated writer). It was there that he honed his craft. I don’t have that here in Toledo. There used to be a group at Owens but I don't see any evidence that it still is in existence. As an aside, a friend of mine used to go to it, but he moved away.

I have been enjoying the other side of 50,000 words, but I know that the novel needs some tweaking. I am going to give it a week or so before I go back into it. Let it sit for a bit.

1 comment:

janny said...

you won,YOU WON YOU WON THE CONTEST REALLY???WHAT DOES THIS MEAN, REALY WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
JAN