Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 2015

 Although I have not published a post in a while, I have been busy. I started the How To Write Sideways course by Holly Lisle in February and I have to say it is really great. Some people can come up with ideas fully formulated while others, like me, run into problems along the way. Maybe I start out with a great idea but come up short on conflict. Maybe my characters aren't as fully formed as I would like them to be. Etc. Etc. This course uses both the left brain and right brain to generate ideas and never be at a loss to write, how to plan a book, and how to write between genres. My description really isn't doing it justice. It is the best writing instruction I have ever read. Check it out  here.

I have also been working on flash fiction, fiction which clocks in at 500 words or less. I am hoping to have these stories up on my new website, which is also a work in progress. Too much to do, so little time in which to do it.


No comments: