Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer is here

Hey everyone! I wanted to pop in to give an update on my writing. I know that I said I would have my sample chapters ready by the end of June, and I have been working on them! But I only have one done. I am going to take the long 4th of July weekend and work on the other one. I always approach editing with trepidation, but it always works out!

In other news, I have been identifying markets to write for. I think I am going to try my hand at two travel articles and one personal essay. I love travel writing. Good travel writing, and the personal essay is good, too.

I have picked up a couple of really great writing books I wanted to share. The first is titled The Craft & Business of Writing, by Writers Digest. This book contains everything you ever wanted to know about writing fiction and nonfiction. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

I also bought a book on the essays of Michel de Montaigne, who is considered "the greatest essayist who ever lived." Why not learn from the master?

I have also begun reading, "How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead," by Ariel Gore, which is filled with great advice on how to be fearless in your writing.

So you can see I am pretty busy with reading and I am squeezing in some writing. I would like to up my writing quotient in July. I will keep you posted.

No comments: