Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tackling boredom and depression

I wanted to provide an update of my writing. I started on my second chapter after having a bit of a breakthrough regarding my inability to write. At the risk of revealing too much personal information, I realized exactly what my problem is. Everything comes back to this one thing. I came upon this as I was reading The Writer's Portable Therapist. My exact problem isn't covered in the book, but there are a couple of chapters that come close. I always was mystified about how to solve a behavioral problem. Is realizing it enough or do you have to completely change who you are, which is very difficult? I am not sure. I am trying to change who I am and it is a little difficult, especially when I have been living with myself for so long.

I suffer from a lot of boredom/depression and the last time I was complaining about it, my husband said I should throw myself into something and see what happens. I did tonight and I feel so much better! I finished another session in the therapy book, I updated both of my blogs, and I am torn between working on my query letter and my chapter. I think I will work on both to foster that feeling of accomplishment.

No comments: