Friday, November 14, 2008

Word count 11/14 and some inspiration

Here is a quote from NaNoWriMo forum poster tessatj that really resonated with me:

Writing is a lifetime process. Even highly accomplished, respected authors have to sit down and face a blank screen again after they've been published (or won a Pulitzer). And I don't think it's ever easy. It's a matter of practice (writing and reading everything) practice (more writing and reading) and discipline.

If you don't hit 50,000 words, that doesn't mean that you aren't meant to be a writer. It just means you didn't hit 50,000 words. Most artists -- whether writers, actors, or visual artists -- went through periods of rejection, failure, and frustration. The ones who eventually made it were the ones who kept at it.


This random message made me feel better.

Word count: 14,453, one word better than my goal for the day. I am hoping to have a 5K weekend and I am going to shoot for it, but if I don't, I am still going to keep plugging away. I want to challenge myself but not make myself crazy. I have a pretty good idea of where I am going with the story, so I feel pretty confident in it.

No comments: